Training 4 Endurance
Welcome to the Training 4 Endurance website – the free information resource for endurance athletes.
Our aim is to provide free to access information for a range of endurance sports including running, cycling, swimming and triathlon. You can also access a range of free running training plans. And if you want to take things a bit further and really want to ramp up your training, we also provide customised training plans.
THE SCIENCE OF ENDURANCE TRAINING
Interested in finding out a bit more about the science of endurance exercise?…we’ve put together some articles looking at the science behind different approaches, training methods and sports nurition for endurance.
Use the following link to view all the sports science articles, or follow the links below.
Looking to find out more about the key factors that affect endurance exercise performance? Then head over to the components of endurance section.
Popular articles in this section:
Interested in finding out about the science of training? Then take a look at our articles covering the science behind different endurance training methods.
View related articles:
ENDURANCE RUNNING ARTICLES
Looking for information on running training? Then head over to the running section, where you’ll find links to all of the running training articles.
Here, you’ll find our popular free half marathon training and 10k running plans along with several articles covering different approaches to hill running training. We’re currently adding some training pace charts, such as the 5k pace chart.
OUR LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
View our latest training articles below or head over to our endurance blog, where you can view articles looking at technique, interval training, nutrition, cycling, running and triathlon.
- 10 Ways To Improve Running EconomyWhether your focus is on 5k, 10k, marathons, or ultras; improving running economy – the energy cost of running – …
- Sprint Training: The Secret to Becoming a Faster Distance RunnerThink sprint training is just for sprinters? Think again. If you’re a distance runner looking for a time effective and …
- DO ALTITUDE TRAINING MASKS ACTUALLY WORK?Altitude training masks are designed to make breathing more difficult when exercising. The idea being that this strengthens your respiratory …
- HOW MINDFUL RUNNING CAN MAKE YOU A FASTER RUNNERMindfulness has many positive effects on health (lowers stress, anxiety and depression, improves heart health, immune and brain function). It …
- What’s the best gradient for hill sprints?What gradient should you use when running hill sprints? It’s a question that crops up a lot. And I don’t …
- 4 Key Cycling Workouts For RunnersWhen it comes to cross training for Runners, you really can’t get much better than cycling. Not only is cycling …